Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Suddenly Fall

It's suddenly fall after a string of days and weeks of belated summer. Today I woke up, left my bedroom and walked into a wall of heat...our hot water radiators have been turned on...then went outside and met a wall of coolth. During the prolonged warmth I kept on thinking about how nice it would be to get out of the city and pick apples again. Then I started reading this article today and it increased the feeling. I finished the last of the frozen apple sauce a few weeks back and it was so very tasty. It's probably too late for grapes. I wouldn't go all the way to Wisconsin anyhow. There are plenty of pumpkin patches around Illinois, there must be an apple orchard/pumpkin patch/corn maze I could go to...if I found a car to get me there...which I might if I ever commit financially and emotionally to the idea of Zipcar.

Sigh, another season bites the dust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O Fall! Lucky you! I don't generally hustle the seasons on, one to the next, but I am making an exception for the Zombie Summer of 2007. Season of the Living Dead Summer of 2007. Heat that won't quit and no rain for months Summer of 2007. Real autumn can't come soon enough!!!!!

Get a rental if it is too much to do Zipcar, which seems like a cool idea despite the lawyerly instincts to wonder about liability and ownership and so on, and hie thee to the country for apples and dried corn and crunchy leaves! I am afraid we are going to go from 90 to 33. And no rain even then....