Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Big Bunch

Surf's Up is cute, I like it.
Cynthia Voigt's On Fortune's Wheel is one of those books I read a lot when I was younger and still enjoy picking up about once a year. I read it again last week.
Yesterday I went to the Edgewater library and got some bookies then I read one. Towelhead. It was good though the main character/narrator was a bit more naive than I could completely believe.
I finished watching the latest series of Foyle's War mysteries and they continue to bring mystery to my life and awe at those there Brits with their World War II stamina.
Sarah Polley. I liked her in My Life Without Me...I liked that movie, I should watch it again. Now she's directed this somber, quiet movie about a marriage and alzheimers.
Poor Mary Stuart Masterson, being all tomboy unnoticed. Some Kind of Wonderful is surprising in that you don't exactly know who you're supposed to consider the main character.
OH MY GOD. Watch The Great Happiness Space...or maybe it's just Happiness Space? Okay here's the basic set up: It's a documentary about Japanese gigolo types and their female clients....most of whom are prostitutes...many of whom because prostitutes in order to be able to afford to pay the gigolos to hang out with them. It is crazy time.
Small town movie.


The end. So I am in northern Illinois right now, waiting for the batteries for the camera to recharge so's I can drive around in the country a bit more before going to the restaurant I saw on the internet that is nearby the hotel I'm staying in. I rented a car, you see, and went to an apple orchard...and then went to Chain O Lakes State Park...then meandered back to the hotel...where I have just learned a whole lot about Rachael Ray's rise to fame. Woo.

No comments: