Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Most Satisfying Dinner

Last night, after returning home from work (stupid me went to work an hour earlier than I was supposed to and had to stay an hour longer than I expected) hungry, I decided to cook the lamb chops I bought the day before. Quick marinade of salt, shallots, crushed garlic, worcestshire sauce and red wine vinegar then baked along with yukon gold potatoes lightly dusted with parmesan cheese. Though the photograph isn't the best, I'll tell you what, it was the best meal I've made for myself in quite a while...even if the lamb was a bit more done than I intended (145 degrees is medium rare and I accidentally let the lamb get up to 160). Then I watched Heroes and the first disk of the first season of Weeds. Maybe I should eat lamb every day! Well, that would get expensive. Maybe I should eat lamb every week! Hmmm.

No comments: