Thursday, October 18, 2007

There Are Angels In Your Angles

Yesterday I dealt with the left-over mushrooms from last week's soup. What did I do to deal with them? Well, I sauteed them in a bit of olive oil, along with three chopped sage leaves, six squished garlic cloves, salt, pepper and a little bit of cooking wine.
Then I put the cooked mushrooms into a food processor along with a container of ricotta cheese and about three tablespoons parmesan cheese. Then I made lasagna.
Which photograph do you find most appealing? I will be writing up the recipe for Chicagoist...though the readers will possibly give me crap for using jarred tomato sauce I'd like them not to say that the photographs remind them of a) alien baby pods b) vomit or c) disgusting anything else.
For what it's worth I thought it was pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah I was just thinking about lasagne vegetarian style, and here is a lovely idea with mushrooms. Sounds very yummy. As for the pix, given that the Chicagoist-reading crowd can be a little bit testy and a little loudly strident, I think the picture of the sliced 'shrooms in the pretty light is the best. If you need a picture of the finished product, then the one that seems to be of the whole uncut lasagne. As opposed to the whole enchilada...

Jarred/canned (as opposed to jarred/disturbed/jostled) tomato sauce can be a life saver so if anyone gives any grief just ignore them. Or position yourself as taste testing all the varieties out there in jarred sauce land....That is my story and I am sticking to it. Oh what sauce did you use anyway?

Deborah Dowd said...

This sounds delish! What an inspired way to use up mushrooms!