Monday, October 29, 2007

Lunch Sandwich And Condo versus Old School

On Saturday I had a sandwich from Pane's Bread Cafe. It was turkey, ham and bacon with lettuce, tomato and dijon mustard. I also added spicy mayo and muenster cheese to it...it wasn't as amazing as I thought it might be...it was the quality of the meat, I'm a shaved thin kind of sandwich girl (unless the meat is of a superb quality and its thickness is something to marvel at) and this wasn't that. I don't know. I'd give it another shot, the bread was good and the sandwich was hot. The mayo wasn't spicy though. Then I took a walk around. It was a real sunny not quite cold day...it reminded me a bit of high school, sitting on benches. I wish there were more benches for people to sit on and look around. On my little walk around I saw a number of such benches...unfortunately they were all outside senior citizens' homes and nearby them were signs talking about how if you weren't a member of the building you shouldn't be sitting on their benches. Sigh.
New school architecture, everywhere in Chicago but never any less stupid, next to old school halloweenized kind of architecture. I like the old school...even if it's not the absolute example of old school...I think you can still get the idea.

No comments: