Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Ate The Food

So I'm waiting for the photos to upload....oh and now they have. The other day I was working from home and had just received a pay check direct deposited into my account. I decided to give another shot to ordering sushi in. This time from Indie Cafe. A place I've been to in the past. And again. I don't learn from my mistakes (obviously). It wasn't bad. I ordered their: white scorpion, spicy salmon and yellowtail with scallion rolls. I can't decide, but I think none of it was great. Of course the reason for the non-greatness is/can be easily blamed on the fact that I had it delivered. But I think the real problem is not only that it was delivered though maybe partially. I think it's that I can't bring myself to go to my favorite neighborhood sushi joint. Forgive me but it's like Dim Sum. Just a bit too reminiscent of the people ( ie person) I usually would partake such yasty tummy treats.I also, for the sake of difference and whatnot, ordered the Tom Yum Rice. It is not Tom Yum soup soaked up by rice...but the shrimp are cooked nicely and every fourth bite of the rice is something quite special. Noted to self: if you want sushi buck yourself up and go in, otherwise you will never think sushi is good again. I'm wondering if sushi and I are done. That a strong food passion was bolstered by a relationship and with the relationship sadly in kaputs perhaps a specific other love dies too? I don't mean to be unrealistic or overly dramatic. It's just that I loooooooved sushi for so long and yet, without the ebf, I have found my ability to do without quite manageable. Just don't ask me about the other things...the things not quite as easily manageable. What? Horses? What? Boa constrictors in the ceiling? What?
What a lame self-serving post.

2 comments:

J said...

There is some logic to that. For a similar reason I have had no desire to eat edamame for months.

Not wanting sushi though is way too sad. You need to fight that.

Anonymous said...

It is not lame, it is fairly true that too many associations with one person and one place/food type/one place to enjoy a specific food type makes it very difficult to go when the circ's have changed. So, go with the idea that you have outgrown sushi, or go with the idea that you could find a different place, or go with the idea that sushi right now is not real important. And as it is one of the most expensive food-out or food-in choices, it can be a budgetary concept...The other stuff, well, can't help ya. We go thru what we go thru the best way we can, with humor and grace and the odd tantrum when necessary.

Now this minute I want to venture out in the rain (wha'? stuff wet falling from the sky???) and eat sushi, but your posts always make me hungry...