Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dinner in Woodstock, Illinois

After a time of recharging photo batteries and watching the cable television in my hotel room, I went to Woodstock's historic square. I went, specifically, to La Petite Creperie. I had a very lovely meal. It might just be the best meal I have had in a number of months. I had a hard time deciding what I was going to eat. So many things seemed like they would be good. I finally settled on the escargots for an appetizer and their special of the month: veal in a creamy wine sauce with vegetables over rice. The veal was tender, not quite as tender as I expected but I think the last time I had veal was at Tru...and, well, yeah.

For dessert I had their "French Kiss", caramelized apples and cinnamon, flambeed in Calvados with a dollop of Creme Anglais(e?).
They also had a $31, three course prix fixe. It was nice and there was even a true, live French person! Oooh, la la. And it was clear that a lot of the other diners were repeat customers familiar with the waitstaff and menu. I also had a glass of Vouvray with my escargots and a Chablis (recommended for the veal) with the veal. Mmm. Wee bit of a gluttonous meal but well worth it.

No comments: