Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gee Golly Whiz

Last week, maybe on Wednesday? I made myself a Cornish game hen. I stuffed its cavity with onion and rosemary and sage under its skin then baked it. I salted and peppered it on its outside. I did not like the result. Maybe it was because the skin wasn't very crispy. Maybe it's because I put too much rosemary under the skin. Maybe I started thinking about how it was a Perdue Cornish Game Hen and how pumped full of bad things it probably was. Maybe it's because it didn't taste exactly like chicken. I don't know what it was.

2 comments:

Jenerator said...

Cornish game hens can't take the place of chicken in my opinion. I'm a big poultry fan... okay, maybe just a chicken and turkey fan... or maybe it was because the one time I had a cornish game hen it was still partially frozen. Ewww.

cc said...

The thing is I'm a poultry person, I think. I mean, I found myself liking quail after the third year and a dozen different cooking ways. I think that the main issue wasn't the slight difference in meat texture/taste. I think it was the Perdue/steroids/not all that fresh and tasty that got me. And that I cooked it wrong...though at least it wasn't frozen, that would gross me out.