Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dinner and Cards at Fireside Restaurant and Bar

On Sunday No-Longer-Wayward and I met up at Fireside Restaurant and Bar for dinner, drinks and gin rummy...or gin...or rummy, whichever one. We split the special appetizer of the day- Seafood Nachos- and a turkey club sandwich. We drank Dogfish Pale Ale. For a long time I was kicking her butt in cards, like I kept on getting really great positive scores and she kept on getting negative scores. But, of course, at some point she came back (with vengeance) and I lost. I cried about it. The nachos and sandwich were good, though the seafood angle of the nachos wasn't as good as I expected (I think I may start a series of Chicagoist posts about going to restaurant, ordering something, finding it disappointing and then making a better version at home). The club sandwich would have been too much food for one person, but split in half it was manageable but still filling.

No comments: