Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thai Food, High School Folks and Sing-Alongs in Bucks County

After work on the Tuesday after Memorial Day I drove up to Bucks County to hang with Mr. Ass and JDF and, later, L. We met up in Newtown and picked up the grub before heading back to Mr. Ass's.
We shared Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, crispy Spring Rolls and some sort of curry.
It was all very good. Mr. Ass will have to remind me of the restaurant's name.
It was a beautiful evening, with properly impressive sunset clouds and swarms of lightning bugs that lit up the grass like some sort of neon carpet LED system.
We climbed up and onto Mr. Ass's garage roof for a better view of the pretty and watched as it flared and flickered into night.
L. arrived and we tried to surprise her by becoming just heads, but she didn't seem very surprised.
Mr. Ass took this photograph.
I took this one.
Later we ate chocolate pot de creme and participated in a short sing-along that warmed my heart. I am not a good singer, but I like to sing nonetheless and sometimes I gain confidence by singing with others...my missed notes perhaps softened by others' abilities to reach them. JDF led us in a song about a prison dog and its love. I think that's what it was about anyways. I sang a few bars of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Under the Bridge and it was all very good.
It was nice to see JDF in person. I think the last time we saw each other was, hmm, Tennessee last year? Since then we have made big, magic plans for some alternate reality in which we buy land in North Carolina and encourage all our nearest and dearest to live on it with us...but the only way to get that sort of plan off the ground is to sing together from time to time...get the magic flowing. I'm not sure we convinced either Mr. Ass or L. to join us, but we sowed the seeds. A lovely evening.

No comments: