Friday, June 04, 2010

Dinner, Movie and Karoake

On the Friday after my drive to Columbus, I put in my hours of work at a local coffeehouse before driving to my aunt and uncle's. Once there, E. drove me to K.'s work place, which is a school, where I waited for her to complete cheerleading try-outs. I was once again reminded of my aversion of teen-aged girls. Ugh. They are so...icky. After the results were announced and the girls dealt with their triumph or defeat, K. and I drove to Capital Grill -or maybe it wasn't Capital Grille- to meet up with two of K.'s friends. One friend ordered an appetizer of potato chips with blue cheese dressing. I tried it and found it okay but not revolutionary.
I ordered a grilled cheese/egg sandwich club thing. I enjoyed it, but I like my eggs to ooze a little. Our server was really great. If you asked 'can I ask for another glass of water' or 'may I have another beer please' he was quite good at replying 'yes you can' or 'yes you may' while most servers would simply go about getting it done. I complimented him but I'm not sure he understood that I was serious.
After dinner we went to a nearby movie theater and watched Date Night. It was funny, but not that funny. And after that we went to a bar and sang Karaoke. I participated in the singing of two songs: Cryin' by Aerosmith, and Undone the Sweater by Weezer. K. and her compatriots sang more songs. But I forget what they were. Maybe Regulator? Is that a song?
I feel like maybe this was a Salt N' Pepa number, but I feel like maybe it isn't as well, so I should really just say nothing.

I had a long drive in front of me, so I marshaled the troops (of me and K.) and we were back at her place by 12. Good times.

No comments: