Monday, June 14, 2010

Beer, Salad and Vichysoisse c/o Sidecar

Later on in the day of Saturday (again with the ESL tendencies) I visited C. and her bf J. at their new apartment. I don't know what's wrong with me, I should have taken photographs of their space because I think I know a few New Yorkers who would be jealous. Oh well. Next time. After enjoying their new Ikea sofa and drinking nice cold water from mason jars, we headed over to Sidecar for lunch.
I ordered their salad with beets, goat's cheese and white beans. It was a fine salad, but didn't hold a candle to the beet salad wonder of the previous evening.
The soup wasn't really up my alley either. It tasted more like chicken stock than leeks or potatoes and, to be true to my gluttonous nature, could have been creaaaaamier. Still, while the food may not have rocked my socks off, it was still a good meal and it was great to meet J. and see a little of C.'s face.

No comments: