Monday, June 14, 2010

Beer and High School Folks in Park Slope

On Saturday evening L.'s friend J. came by and we ate some food and played some games for most of the evening. I had emailed S. about hanging out at some point while I was in Brooklyn, and so, later on (after the Flyers lost the first game of the Stanley cup and the Phillies had a perfect game) S. texted me his location and I met up with him and, it turned out, T. and J. and a gaggle of their friends for $10 pitchers of beer at Korzo.
It was good to see S. and T., both of whom are fellow George School class of 99ers, and J. for that matter, as he is a great blog reader.
I asked T.'s lady friend to take photographs of me and my two high school buddies, but none of them were actually taken (I think she pressed the button half way and heard the flash pop...but didn't push the button all the way down...alas). But I still have the photographic proof of these people (because if there isn't a picture, it's like it never happened) and, frankly, I think it's pretty good. There is something very 90s hip hop about S.'s posture and crossed arms.
I used to find coming to NYC extremely taxing, as I would try to see everyone I have ever known who lived within the confines of its five boroughs. Lately, however, I have found that the secret is just not to leave Park Slope, which does kind of suck for those of you I know in NYC who live in places like Astoria, Harlem or Greenpoint...and one day I'll be better about venturing out of a 15 block radius, but I no longer feel like a crazed and out of control person ping ponging around the city, always too early or too late.

No comments: