Sunday, June 06, 2010

Beer with the Roommate

I arrived back in Philadelphia on a Saturday. My roommate and I did a little drink-bonding that night. S., my roommate, goes out a lot. As a general rule, I don't go out with him. Keeps our living situation good, I think. Or something. I don't know. In any case, it did seem like spending some quality time together was a good idea. So we went to the Belgian Cafe for drinks. I had a beer called Jackie Brown. Here is a crude drawing of the tattoo I can't quite get out of my head...imagine the chicken way, way prettier.
We made friends with some Jersey girls and one of them was kind enough to take our photograph. Notice my other pair of fake glasses.

S. has a bunch of weird bar friends. That may not be an extremely charitable way of putting it, but I think it's pretty accurate. This was one such sort of friend, at the Green Room.
I need a hair cut. And I'm getting one too. Boo yeah.

2 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

please explain the tattoo! (if you feel like sharing, of course!) i know you've written about chicken tattoos in the past. interested in the "keep it together" part. are you playing with the whole "chicken with head cut off" frantic thing, or is it completely unrelated?

cc said...

Well, as I have discussed in previous posts, I find chickens to be quite pretty and have wanted to put one on my body since September.

I also try to live my life by two main phrases:

1. Everything will be fine
and
2. Keep it together

So, with my mother's recent brush with illness, the phrase keep it together was coming up a lot in my mind and in my conversation. And I think it's not a phrase that I will ever regret turning towards in times of stress. So...combining a tenet of my life, with an animal I like the look of and with a sense of humor pretty much encapsulates the way I would like to look at life all the time. I do not always look at life through this light, but it's an attempt I make as often as I can. Your interpretation would work too.

:)