Sunday, June 06, 2010

Zanesville Pottery

When I was a kid, my mother and I would drive to Ohio via I-70. And no road trip to Columbus was complete without stops at two Zanesville pottery stores. I loved looking at the magnets of different states, the different ceramic dogs and myriad other pottery-related do dad. Sometimes I was impatient, not interested in the Fiestaware my mother paused to consider. But, after so many years of not stopping at these stores, being able to find both open and much the same was comforting.

I've never been to the Christmas House, but I've driven by it a fair amount of times in my life. Ohio is pretty. I don't think I've always realized this. If it didn't get so cold I could consider it as another place for country life.
Fun with mirror ball things. I guess some might think these high reflective lawn balls are tacky, but I think they are neat. The end.
Neat, I tell you, neat.

2 comments:

tot.perezHilton said...

Hi my name is audrey.
I am a visual artist and I love the picture you took of the reflective balls. I was wondering if it would be ok if I did a painting of it? I ask because of course you took the photo and thus it belongs to you.

cc said...

Hi Audrey,

Sure go for it. But if you make a zillion dollars selling it, I'll expect 10%

:)

cc