Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love Burger, Fried Green Tomatoes and Sangria c/o Frog Burger

After my return from Tennessee, it was time for L. and I to convene and have a proper dinner together. For a while we planned to go to Meritage, but our wallets were both feeling a little thin for that level of expense, so I suggested we try Frog Burger, which would be a little less hefty in cost and much, much closer to our respective homes. So we met up and made our way to the Franklin Institute's front entrance and got our eat on. I was committed to trying the Love Burger, a burger with grilled cheese sandwiches as buns. Yes. You read that correctly.
We also split an order of fried green tomatoes, which were great in their crispy outsides and tart juicy insides.
L. went with a cheeseburger. We also split fries. Because that is how we roll. You know it.
Sangria was also had.
The burger itself was nicely cooked and had good flavor. Did it need grilled cheese sandwiches as buns? No, not really. Was it good? Yes. I hope to get back before they close for the summer, and I plan on trying a more traditional burger and their gazpacho. And maybe their red wine sangria, stained lips be damned.
I had a marvelous time with L. and enjoyed the food immensely. Well worth it. Go there.

(I am powering through photos right now in an effort to catch up before the next five days, which will necessarily lead to so many photographs)

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Ok there is some commercial sandwich in some fast food joint that has I think fried chicken for the bread. Now that is crazy. But grilled cheese as buns, ranks pretty high up there in crazyland!