Saturday, June 05, 2010

Breakfast c/o Tommy's Diner

The next morning, a Saturday, K. and I met up with her parents and went to Tommy's Diner for breakfast. It was a nice and bustling spot. Our waitress was friendly, though she did end up misunderstanding my order.

Cousins, yukking it up.
I wanted their two eggs with meat meal, complete with hash browns and toast. When the food arrived there was only the meat and eggs, which was disappointing and confusing. Then I had to wait a while for the potatoes and toast, which meant that my relatives were pretty much finished with their meals by the time mine was complete. That disappointment was tempered by the tastiness of the sausages and the goodness of the eggs...the eggs would have been better had I eaten them as soon as they arrived, but letting them sit for some minutes hardened the yolk.
After breakfast we went our separate ways. I generally see K. and her parents about once a year, so it was nice to see a little more of them...though the fact that it was a matter of my mother's health makes it a little less nice. If you know what I mean. I think I do.

No comments: