Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bachelorette Fun in Saratoga Springs, Day/Night 1

After the burrito I decided to take Route 9 up to Hudson before jumping back onto 87 and getting myself to Saratoga Springs. A few hours later I was at the lake house we rented for the festivities. For a while it was just me and two of L.'s friends, L. and S. We sat on the deck, drinking beer and soaking in the pretty.


Then the first of three more cars arrived.
And there was joy.



I lifted a heavy weight to prove my strength while S. pointed on.
Then it was time for the first of many champagne glasses.


V. taught me a new great thing about my camera, something so basic it's embarassing I didn't know how to do it sooner. Then she took some pretty photographs of the stars.


It was such a great relief to be out of the city and in a pretty place, especially while celebrating L.'s soon to be marriage. I hadn't met a lot of her other lady friends before, and it was just lovely how excited everyone was to just be. Good work team, good work. We also went into the lake and swam around during the night, which was nice once we started float/swimming as opposed to putting our feet in the murkiness and feeling the tendrils of water grass brush against us. Ugh, water grass. Also there were jumping fish. Cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time poster. I see that you are on vacation, and I hope you enjoy yourself.

However, I am very concerned.

Where, oh where, is the lunch dragon ? I miss him. Is he well ?

I've been worried.

Please advise.

cc said...

Ha ha. Well welcome anonymous, I hope your first comment wasn't too terribly scary.

While I do continue to eat lunch most all days, the lunch dragon goes into hibernation until my work's busy season kicks in and the lunches are paid for by my employers. I don't know why that is. I think it must be a stingy dragon thing. Or something:)