Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Serious Pretty and Bubby's Burrito c/o Red Hook

While it made no logistical sense, I knew there was no way I could travel on 87 without crossing the Hudson and visiting my old stomping grounds, especially on such a wickedly lovely afternoon. This is the view of the Kingston Bridge, heading east. Heaven awaits.
My primary reason for making the trek was the fact that K. had confirmed my suspicion that Bubby's Burritos were open for the season. I had a moment of shock, terror and sadness when I didn't see their stand in the same place as I expected...but after a little frantic texting and an unnecessary drive to Tivoli, I finally figured out the stand's new location and got there in time to fully enjoy a burrito. Just as good as it ever was...with slightly nicer scenery.
I want to live here in the summer time and just eat burritos and strawberries and radishes all the time. And heirloom tomatoes!
So worth it.

2 comments:

Huckleberry said...

So when do they finally invent teleportation? And how long until it then becomes affordable to teleport a steaming hot burrito?

cc said...

Ah me. Won't that just be the life?