Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Pho and Serious Coffee c/o Pho Ha

Two Sundays back C. and I went to Pho Ha for pho. This was C.'s first experience and I felt pretty confident that she would enjoy it...but you always worry when introducing an unknown anything to someone. We were seated quickly. I recommended that, for her first pho experience, C. start with the basic pho with steak, nothing fancy. I, on the other hand, went with the moderately more interesting pho with steak and fatty flank. I requested less noodles and fatty broth...and was delighted when that came to pass.
Mmm.
I also ordered a Vietnamese iced coffee...or something with a similar nomenclature. What arrived was a little freshly brewed cup of coffee with condensed milk in the bottom, a tall glass with ice and a can of soy milk. It was eye opening coffee in a major way. I don't really drink coffee all that often, but this was particularly potent stuff. Even C., a frequent coffee drinker, said so.
C. liked the pho, I liked the pho and for $8 (before tip) each it was affordable to boot.

No comments: