Thursday, July 09, 2009

Choreographed "Spontaneous Dance Party"

After driving back into Philly, I made my way over to the Art Museum to support my co-worker L. and her spontaneous dance party. The girl got it into her head that she wanted to do it a few months back and choreographed a youtube video for the masses. I poo pooed the notion quietly, thinking that the organization and people power she would need was not possible for one person to accomplish.


You can see video footage here.
Damn, this is one of the best and it's upside down.
She said there were at least fifty people behind her. I think there was closer to 30, but still very impressive. The local NBC news station interviewed her live the next day and there may even be an NPR story about it at some point later in the month.

1 comment:

Jenerator said...

I think this is a great idea! Back when I was in Chicago I'd secretly want to break out in dance in front of the stores on Broadway that piped out music.