Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence Grilling

On the fourth a number of the worker friends came to the deck for some sitting and grilling. I, in my own brain, came up with a very successful hummus-like dip (chickpeas, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic cloves, cilantro and lemon juice). L. brought a cucumber, tomato and feta salad.
B. brought corn to grill and I also prepared some burgers (marinaded with a whole slew of things including soy sauce and green olives).
Corrrrrrn. Grilled corn is way better, somehow, than boiled corn. That's a truth.
It was a great afternoon that morphed into evening pretty quickly.

1 comment:

outdoorgriller said...

That food looks good I have never tried hummus before but I heard it was good.If you would like to see the collection of tips and recipes I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com