Friday, July 31, 2009

Cranberry Lake in the Morning/Goodbye to the Pretty

Saturday morning we re-packed the tent and threw all our stuff back into the car. On the way out we dropped our recycling off at the recycling station and that's where I saw what looked like two crows doing the nasty. In the end I think it was an optical illusion. But they sure were making a racket.
The park had a mini drive-thru, though it was actually better to come on your own feet (according to one o the dudes at the entrance). We considered going down to see Peter Pan but, in the end, we did not.
Cranberry Lake is considerably larger than Silver, Streeter or Crystal Lakes.
I thought it was kind of lame that one could only swim in a small roped off area when there was so much more lake.
I'm sure they have their reasons. This ends my Adirondacks posts. I thank A. and his family, and M., for being so generous with their space and family reunion time. It really was a great break from my day-to-day life. In fact the camping and the hiking has made me strongly consider going to every state park in the state of Pennsylvania (closer than NY). We'll see how that goes.

No comments: