Sunday, July 05, 2009

Milestone

After nearly four years of blogging I finally have used all of the 1 free gigabyte of space that Google gives its bloggers. I think Picasa only started automatically storing photographs in 2006, so really it took three years and approximately 4,000 photographs for me to hit this magic mark. Maintaining this blog has become an integral part of who I am and how I shape my days. I always took a lot of photographs, but the blog has replaced physical photo albums and, to a certain degree, journals for me. I can't imagine the circumstances under which I would cease my obsessive need to document what I eat and what I do. People say children manage to suck up a lot of one's time...but I imagine I would just start blogging about the baby/toddler/kid. Maybe not. Cart and horse, have you met? Because it seems unlikely that this blog will become obsolete, even if my readership drops to, well, myself, I went ahead and gave Google $20 for an additional 10GB of storage space. I had hoped this would come into effect immediately, because M., A. and I took a nice walk in the woods that I wanted to share. Alas, a delay is the name of the game.

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats!