Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chicken Taquito

After witnessing the dancing, A. and I drove over to Northern Liberties for our weekly bowling league game. There, we met Ak and, eventually, her brother and his girlfriend. Our bowling started off strong...our practice rounds were all strikes, our first game, pretty successful. I ordered the special buffalo chicken taquitos as substenance...but they, sorry to say, were pretty much a total let down. The let down of the taquitos, I have decided, accounts for my poor second game. At one point, as I was trying to visualize a strike as walking towards the line, the ball slipped out of my fingers and behind me...it was quite embarassing.
I'm enjoying the league for the most part, though I thought it would be a better opportunity to meet new people. Frankly, it turns out that teams pretty much stay to themselves, so the possibilty of branching out isn't as easy as I had thought. But, I do like improving my bowling game? I do. I do. I do. And the tater tots and $2 pints of PBR (as well as the rather random musical choices of North Bowl) make up for my lack of prowess with a ball with three holes. Sigh.

No comments: