Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sandwich, Snacks and a Fond Farewell

Not this past Friday but the Friday before it two of my coworkers decided to order pizza for lunch. I decided then un-decided then re-decided that I wanted a hoagie or a grinder, whichever one isn't warmed up. They ordered from Fairmount Pizza & Grill and I ordered the same thing that I had delivered from City View last month (minus the "suck balls" mushrooms). The pros to this sandwich were that it had a lot less lettuce interfering with each bite, less mayonnaise as well (but not so much less as to be disappointing). The cons were, to my severely untrained eye (can you be severely untrained?...it's like being severely spoiled...someone was mean in all their flattery? what?), that the quality of meat wasn't quite as good. More cheap bologna like than standard but tasty deli goodness. But what do I know? It was nearly two weeks ago.
After work the office went out to the Kite and Key to bid a longtime worker farewell. This young woman interviewed me for the job and was quite good at keeping the office tidy...not to mention having a wealth of information about everything from guidebooks to, um, ergonomics and Dartmouth/Tuck's relative merits in the whole world of business (oh no, I've started to drop work references into the blog). Most of us had only worked with her a short time but there were two fellow compatriots who were going to feel the loss more sharply. What? At the Kite & Key we ordered beer, regular fries, Cajun fries and edamame. The fries weren't bad, if I recall correctly. Nice and thick.

The edamame was not overly impressive but, to be honest, I'm not sure how edamame could become impressive.
I had a few Magic Hat #9s and one La Chouffe.
I still haven't spent any time inside the establishment, and why would I when the weather is so lovely. They have a nice number of outdoor tables and a relatively good staff (I say relatively because sometimes it seems like they aren't really communicating with one another). Nice neighborhood spot, generally speaking.

4 comments:

supertaster said...

meals, pls consider enabling post emailing so i can send'em to neighborpal and wallow in my jealous rage and hunger ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey supertaster and meals, I, and all my alter egos, read these all the time and am/are alternately baffled by the food items or extremely motivated to EAT SOMETHING FABULOUS RIGHT NOW. And if the post involves sushi, usually way jealous! I hear ya supertaster I hear ya!

J said...

Hoagies=cold.

Grinders=warm.

cc said...

You probably won't check this comment since I took too long to answer but how do I do that?


Catherine, glad to get you hungry.

Josh, thank you for the confirmation...unless I had it wrong then thank you for the correction?