Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another First

After breakfast L., J. and I walked on back towards home. L. had to stop and get her nails done and I commented that I had never had my nails done. J. suggested we get manicures as well. This was exciting even though I keep my nails cut as if I bite them. There's a lot you need to know when you get your manicure. First off you should know to saunter on over to the shelf of one million nail polishes. Once there you should spend a long time trying to decide what color you want and neurotically ask your friends if a light blue is too much while being drawn by the pink sparkly color near by. Then you should wait until the lady (in our case Vietnamese ladies) tells you to sit down. Then let your hands go limp. Don't try to talk, there's nothing that needs saying. Getting a manicure means never having to say you're sorry...or anything else for that matter. First she'll cut your nails (which is pretty hilarious when they're already ridiculously short) then she'll put some stuff on them, then some other stuff, then stick you hand in a little bowl full of I don't know what. Then she'll---this is boring isn't it?
My fingers before any of the treatment.
The last step is putting your hand into something that very strongly represents one of those easy bake ovens...only it has a fan blowing air on your fingers and UV light emanates out of it, like some kind of crazy black light.

No comments: