Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rebound Sushi

On Friday a few coworkers and I made plans to watch some Olympics at a bar. I made my own plan to go to Vic Sushi Bar because Yelpers had said wonderful things about it. But I had underestimated exactly how small the place is (literally six seats at the bar, nothing else). I panicked, suddenly I had an hour to kill and a hankering for sushi (specifically three rolls for $9.95). Living on a perpetual budget does not necessarily lead me to make the best decisions at all times. So I walked around a little bit, trying to decide how to satiate my hunger for a rock bottom price, then faltered when I saw Sushi on the Square. I went inside, I had two rolls for far more than $9,95 and while they were not bad, they did not truly make me happy. I think I went into it with the wrong attitude. Plus the special spicy white tuna roll I ordered was described as: sesame seeds on the outside, white tuna etc on the inside...but it turned out that the white tuna was on the ouside and all that was inside was cucumbers. Rough deal if you ask me, rough deal. Sigh. General summary: not a bad place but not extraordinary thus not worth the amount of money I spent. Sorry, Sushi on the Square.

No comments: