Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Breakfast c/o Marathon Grill

On Saturday morning my childhood friend and I met up with L. and C. and M. for breakfast at Marathon On The Square. I ordered the eggs benedict and a coffee. Frankly the eggs were a little disappointing. They looked great and the Hollandaise sauce seemed like it wasn't made with a package and water but all the tastes weren't quite right. The potatoes were eh, the sauce had some lingering tabasco lemon thing going on and the ham was forgettable (literally, I forget eating it). The eggs were cooked properly though. And that's always good.
Everyone else had one kind of egg dish or another but C. also ordered a helping of chocolate chip cookie dough pancakes (I know, craaaaazy). My first taste was only okay...and that is because I didn't get any of the dough. The second and third bites I ingested were quite tasty in a strange way. I mean, cookie dough in pancakes for breakfast?

Another high school alumni friend of J. came by for coffee and was kind enough to take these photographs before going on his merry way.

No comments: