Friday, August 15, 2008

Macaroni and BYOCheese Night

For the last ten days (ending yesterday) I was staying in Roxborough, watching J&J's dog (JD) and cat (Marla) and house (lovely). The first Wednesday I was there I invited A. to invite a bunch of his friends to a bring your own mac n' cheese night. It was a success. I gave a few starting guidelines (no swiss, no blue) and many a suggestion (not many of which were taken) for the kinds of cheese to bring and trusted that my method would make the combination a winning one. I was right...even with the large number of goudas I was working with (smile). I think it was thoroughly enjoyed by those who attended and it was nice to see a whole new set of faces in Philly. We'll see if I ever see them again (smile). (I don't know what all this 'smile' is about, I guess to convey the fact that I'm not making these statements with snark in my heart).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care how many times I see your mac 'n cheese, I am always rendered suddenly ravenous for your high brow multi cheese version of comfort food a/k/a, for those of us folk of a certain age and beyond, as a heart attack in a bowl...Yum is all I can say.

Subject change: saw my first Inspector Lynley the other night, he was not as pretty as he should have been and Havers was prettier than she should have been, but all around pretty good even tho I came in sort of in the middle and decided that it was not an "original" E George storyline. Could have been but I suspected not. Who cared, it was good.

And now I wish I had multitudes of quality cheese and cream to make mac 'n....

cc said...

I have to say that the dish I made for you guys back in February (my goodness, that seems like it wasn't that long ago) was one of my best batches.

It's true Lynley isn't all that cute, though the show makes it seem like we're supposed to think so. Having not read any of the books, however, makes it easy for me to not care...no comparisons=no disappointment.

JJS III said...

I've never been so tempted to eat my computer screen. That looks delicious.

J said...

My sister and brother in law lived in Roxborough when I was in high school. That's a great neighborhood. Or was anyway, but also back when Manayunk was hipper and not so Georgetown like.