Monday, August 25, 2008

Team Building!

On Thursday, after work, the majority of my coworkers, supervisors and boss-men and I went to a Phillies game. This was billed as a team building exercise. I guess a team was built. It certainly wasn't compromised.


It was dollar dog night. I had two dogs. One with too much mustard and some onions, one with too much ketchup and some onions. The 'too much' element to both hot dogs was entirely due to the way that each condiment gushed from its pump containers...I wasn't alone in having this problem...and I don't think, even knowing this now, that I would do any better if put in the position of having to do it again.
Ridiculously overpriced beer was had ($6.75 for Miller Lite) but not too much of it because, you know, it was a team building exercise not a drunk making exercise. I don't really care about sports. I'm one of those 'I'll watch the big finale and maybe care' but hardly ever do I get all excited on my own. There have been exceptions...I do like to watch Ohio State football and I got pretty into the White Sox (well, in the weeks leading to their winning of the World Series) and I thoroughly enjoyed the first 8 or 9 days of the Olympics. The point is that many of the other work participants actually knew who all the players were and were really excited. I took a passing interest but just couldn't gather that much interest in the whole thing. The Phillies won though and that's good.

5 comments:

tb said...

Good? It's GOOD that the Phillies won? You're dead to me, Clough.

J said...

Dude, dude. No!

I can't believe you missed Brewery Town, that park has loads of local microbrews, all $6.75 which while expensive for earth, close to NY bar prices and a $1.25 cheaper than Shea for crappier beer.

They have over 35 different beers available!

aah.

cc said...

does tb stand for Ted?

I missed Brewery Town entirely.

I guess I didn't really explore the stadium very much or at all. I was too busy being an active builder of teams.

tb said...

It does not stand for Ted. It stands for Toby. It stands for giant Mets fan who listened to all 5 hours of the Mets/Phillies game last night, and went to bed heartbroken.

cc said...

Well, if helps at all, I only thought it was good because my coworkers seemed happy. If I were to go to a ballgame with you, I'd be sure to think it was good that the Mets won...I could probably even get a few crocodile tears shed if they were to, ahem, not do as well.