Friday, July 20, 2007

Produce

I've been watering my father's small garden whilst they were away. I picked a cucumber earlier this week...it took me, what, like three weeks to figure out that the cucumber plants were cucumber plants. And then another week to really look around in them. And suddenly there was this wonderfully ready cucumber for me to eat. Cut it up, salted and sesame oiled the sucker. I've also been watering the tomato plant. The tomatoes kept staying green when I wanted them to be red but in the last week they've grudgingly started changing.

These photos are from last week. One was ripe enough to eat on Wednesday and I'm sure if we took another look today another one would be ready for consumption. And even when we eat all the ready ones....we have these little guys who will grow and redden in their own good time to look forward to.

No comments: