Saturday, July 28, 2007

I've Got Me A New Bag

This is the new bag that I got to carry the computer. Well, I didn't get it, my mother did. There's a writer's conference in town. It's actually its last day. I only went to two readings. The first was the opening reading (I think) and my parents and I went because one of the readers had the same name as a girl I was in girl scouts with. Turns out they're one in the same person. Last night I went to the second reading because I liked the work of the man reading. One John Casey. He read from what I assume is a yet to be published sequel to his book Spartina. It was exciting to have a good idea of who he was talking about since I've read the first book. He has a bit of a stutter. He seems to have pretty good control over it but there were definitely a few moments where he struggled. He didn't seem to mind. I didn't mind. But I wondered what it would be like...to be a writer with a certain prowess with words on the page but then to have less prowess at reading those words aloud.

No comments: