Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mistake

Yesterday I drove down the mountain to get groceries for my cousin's then imminent, now postponed, weekend visit. Also to get groceries for an entirely different cousin and her family to come to dinner today. I had been thinking about trying a Sonic Burger ever since I got down here and yesterday, I decided, was the day. It's novel having your own drive thru which gives one the opportunity to push a button to order. I wanted to try one of those frozen drinks they're always talking about in their commercials. The burger with cheese was sloppily put together and not all that much better than McDonalds. And my cream slush was only okay. Though I wonder if what I really wanted was not a cream slush but a straight up slush. The fries were utterly forgettable. All I got out of it was a reason to feel bad about myself. I really have enough reasons already and so I call this fast food experience a big mistake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

... All I got out of it was a reason to feel bad about myself. I really have enough reasons already ...

Increase your dosage of Cary Grant and Danny Kaye movies at once!

Ted said...

I love a good bad Sonic burger.

And I will stop in any small Texas town at any moment for a Route 44-sized cherry limeade.

Anonymous said...

The slushes are never as good as they look; the Sonic blast-blizzard thing is salty. ALWAYS go for the R44 cherry limeade! Even the diet ones aren't too bad. I like diet Dr. P with vanilla flavoring, but that's because I'm from Texas. And NEVER eat the fries -- always go for the Tots. If I have to eat protein at Sonic, I eat a corn dog, but usually I just skip it. I'll call next week when the kids are home.

chavalicious said...

dude, chocolate and banana shake is the only worthwile thing at sonic...and the tots aren't bad.