Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Argh!

Something bit my foot yesterday...on the bottom of my foot...and it itches like mad. It's a mad itching in such a terrible location. Well, I guess worse locations exist. Like the armpit or innermouth. Can you imagine if a bug bit you on the inside of your mouth? Oh my goodness. I didn't go to the library today for any job applying or photo blogging. Simply a movie getting. I just watched Charlie and The Chocolate Factory for the second time. Johnny Depp is such an interesting Willy Wonka. I think I'll have to re-read the books to know whether he or Gene Wilder reflect the actual book character's personality more accurately. Or I'll simply wonder without doing any thing about it. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry...I don't think I am. I'm also trying to figure out why so much of television is so lame. So many reality shows and I just don't get it. They are not like a car crash, I can look away. I am properly excited about the Harry Potter movie coming out tomorrow. Though I may not go see it tomorrow. I want to see it at the drive-in, I think. Basically I'm in between activities/non-activities to amuse me. So this is what I'm doing. And now that I've admitted my lack of ability to properly entertain myself I'm going to go try to entertain myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the more reason to always have a copy of Cary Grant's "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and Danny Kaye's "Me and the Colonel" handy.

Anonymous said...

CC: After getting Diane's leftover garage sale stuff sorted today, and then taking her massage appointment (isn't that what friends are for?), I watched Pan's Labyrinth again, with Guillermo del Toro's audio overlay. It was wonderful -- like a mini-course in film direction and design. Have you watched this? I'll call to talk about photos, movies, food in Chicago (my favorite food city), and live next week. -- LLW

cc said...

I watched Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House just last week! It's amazing how local news channels always have a story about the skyrocketing costs of contractors/buildings and the possible scams etc. Lately around Nashville people have been stealing copper.

And, as always, Cary Grant is dreeeamy!

And yes, I did see Pan's Labyrinth...I think I watched it too late (ie after it had been hyped up) so that it wasn't as amazing as I expected. But then that's how I feel about a lot of things in life. Do call.