Friday, July 20, 2007

Drive In Lookit

Last Friday, I think, I went to the Montana Drive-In to see the new Harry Potter movie. I stood in a terribly long line after being in a terribly long car line. I realized that I had lost track of days a bit and hadn't really understood that Friday would be a rather more crowded day to go see a movie then, say, a Tuesday. So I didn't get as good a place to park. Though it was fine. But the line for wanting to get a soda and candy was stupid and made exponentially worse by a chubby, purple sating pajama wearing, 12 year old girl and her cowboy hat wearing, add expressing brother and another boy that may have been another brother. Oh god, it was awful. Firstly the girl was supposed to be in charge but the boys were having very little of that. So she would yell and threaten to call somebody on the cell phone. She opened the cell phone at least fifteen times in the course of standing in line. And the boy in the cowboy hat was a real jerk and instigator and the girl had no authority and they all, THEY ALL, kept on bumping into me without apologizing. I shot them very dirty looks. At one point the two boys left the line entirely (this was a line with at least twenty people in them) and so the girl started shouting at them and directly into the woman behind her's ear. The woman said EXCUSE ME and the girl seemed a bit sorry. But not really. It was awful. The soda and candy were fine. I ate a bag of radishes and they were great.

No comments: