Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Really Could Read Them Over and Over

Two nights back I went to the drive-in and watched the new Harry Potter movie. In the days before that I watched the two movies that preceded The Order of the Phoenix and started reading, for the second or third time I think, The Goblet of Fire. I finished that book today and went to the library to get the next one or the one after that. Unfortunately everybody and (I'd think literally) their mother had gotten there first. So now I don't want to read grown up books that I have...like Michael Chabon's collection of short stories or Don Delillo's White Noise. Alls I want to do is read more Harry Potter and those bastard children (and their mothers) have taken away this wonderful pleasure.

I enjoy the movies but the books, my goodness, the books are better.

No comments: