Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Brunch At Pearl's

On Sunday my father suggested we brunch it up at Pearl's. I was all for it because I remembered having a pretty good Bloody (must I capitalize Bloody?) Mary there the last time I did brunch (which was, like, four years ago). So we went. At first we were seated inside. My father wanted to sit outside. We weren't promptly greeted by our server which is just as well since it gave us the time for people to leave an outside table and for us to insist on getting that table. Our meal started with warm mini-biscuits or mini-corn muffins, butter and jam.
We all had ourselves a bloody Mary. Bloody Mary? Last time they had olives in addition to a pickled something-er-other pepper and celery. This time the olive was missing. But still good.
I had the eggs benedict...Eggs Benedict? And I would have taken a better photograph than this but the camera died and though I thought I had another fully charged set of batteries when it got down to it I did not.
The Hollandaise sauce was good. The ham was good. The Potatoes were good. It was a little strange that on both and my father's plate we had one fully/over cooked egg (ie the yolk was entirely solid and not liquidy) and one perfectly cooked poached egg. How this happened, or why, is a mystery. It was, by far, regardless of all my snits and sneepies, the best breakfast I've had in a while. We also ended our meal (well my mother and I did) with a "Cold Buttery Kiss". A drink consisting of butterscotch schnapps, Bailey's and cream. I don't think I'm missing anything. The drink was tasty and rich. My father had an Irish coffee. I don't know how that was because I didn't taste it. He drank it though.

No comments: