Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recycling in Two Forms

On Sunday L., Fat T. and I got into their car and drove to a big parking lot where they could then donate some clothing. So wholesome.

I was trying to get a photograph of me with the trash in the background, but I think my hat messed that up. It's not actually trash. It's scrap metal. And a lot of it.
I guess I was kind of fascinated by how close this pile of scrap was to the city. Somehow I always think that the piles of refuse created by urban centers are all trucked far out of town...but that probably wouldn't make much economic sense. And this was a private pile. I saw a guy in a yarmulke loading off metal from a truck and because of that I think it's a Jewish scrap metal pile. Which really has no bearing on anything whatsoever. Just that I don't think I've ever seen a dude in a yarmulke laboring so intensely.

No comments: