Monday, February 28, 2011

Blanched Asparagus-Heavy Salad with Champagne Truffle Vinaigrette

I became momentarily obsessed with having quickly blanched/steamed asparagus with poached egg and champagne/truffle vinaigrette a few weeks back. This was my third variation, this time with a bit of green lettuce and half an avocado as well. The vinaigrette was pretty simple. Champagne vinegar, truffle oil, a little cracked black pepper, salt and lemon juice. But mix it all together and you're putting straight up magic directly into your body.

3 comments:

Huckleberry said...

That looks delicious. Delicious.

nc catherine said...

I totally agree that looks yummy and I never would have imagined an egg and asparagus. I got hooked on roasted asparagus over Christmas...all good and now I am waiting for the spring and local produce!!!

Huckleberry said...

Roasted asparagus ... with freshley shaved thin slices of parmesan. Lovelylovely.