Saturday, February 19, 2011

Annual Work Retreat, Happy Hour and Etcetera

In late January my office had its annual retreat. This was held off-site at The Hub. This was the third time that we've gathered at the spot to talk about the business and have a little face time with those who work remotely. Last year I had really favorable things to say about their breakfast and lunch spreads, and this year was generally the same. Though I only had a yogurt and lots of coffee for breakfast. The sandwich choices were good, and the Caesar salad above average.
It was a cold, slightly snowy, day with low visibility and plenty of clouds. You can't even see the top of the Comcast building in this photograph. If I'm right that it's the Comcast building, which I may not be. Three years in Philadelphia and I know nothing.
Afterwards the majority of us went to happy hour at the conveniently located JG Domestic. This made me happy because I like all things Jose Garces. I took advantage of the happy hour wines, but I can't remember anything about them other than the fact that it was great to have a drink after a long day.
C. also enjoyed herself a glass of wine. S. and I split their potted foie gras with cornichons and other little treats, but the photographs I took were bad so I'm not bothering with posting them. The food itself, however, is worth mentioning ... because it was good. Also, one of our waiters was really funny.
After the happy hour C., M., S., J. and I went to Bar. It was actually called that. I can't find a website for it, but that may be because it's hard to find. Or something. They served giant pint glasses of mixed drinks. Though M. wasn't drinking and J. reached her limit quickly, it was a jovial get-together.
After that I went and met up with L. for another drink. This is what I saw as I walked in her general direction.
And then this happened. My hair looks greasy, but actually it's just really, really shiny. That is not a joke. I took a shower that morning. It's really shiny hair. I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page about this.

No comments: