Monday, December 27, 2010

Trimming the Tree in Huntington

After a rather hilarious, if slow-going, drive to Long Island -- complete with Richard Nixon impressions -- we arrived in Huntington in time to decorate Fat T.'s parents' tree. I insisted on having a photograph with these three wisemen because I did so last year and I like routine and tradition, regardless of what my horoscope may purport. While I had a great visit last year, my state of brain was extremely compromised. Not to say my brain is working on all cylinders these days, but I'm feeling much better than I was that night last year, so I wanted to compare and contrast the pictures. I look pretty much the same. Just goes to show you, photographs don't tell you everything. Which reminds me of the fact that I felt that my dress was making me look pregnant (which I am not) and my make up was making me look like a homeless blind woman (which I am...not?). I may have been a liiiiittle too harsh.

I am not crying here. I am covering my face because something funny or embarrassing was just said to me by either Fat T. or his father.
Then I insisted that L. and I have a photograph taken in front of the tree.
And these are the best of that bunch.

American Goofic.
I think we did a pretty good job with the tree. Fat T. was demanding as he was the previous year, but I realized he wasn't the boss of me and fought back. Kind of. Not really. None of that is really true.
Hoo. Hoo.
Then we asked Fat T.'s dad to take a few photographs of the three of us. Holiday!


The party that all this prep was for was hours away, so we weren't really allowed to go too crazy with sneaking snacks, but I did eat a few of these roll ups. Ham, cheese, mayo and pickle. Delicious.
This is what true love looks like.

No comments: