Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dirty Martini and Quesadilla Somewhere in Doylestown

After the aborted kindling repopulation attempt I putzed about for the majority of the day. Mr. Ass and I had loose plans to watch the new Harry Potter movie at some point, so I ended up cozying up on a sofa and watching the first half of the first movie before taking a delightfully restorative accidental nap. Actually, it wasn't that restorative, as I woke up and remained sleepy for the remainder of the day. But the actual drifting off with the Hogwarts gang in the background really was pleasing to me. Anyways. I met up with Mr. Ass in the evening but L., the third of our movie going team, couldn't make the originally scheduled show so we had a bit of time to kill before we needed to be at the theater. So we went to a place, the name of which I cannot tell you. Their happy hour deal was still going on, so I ordered a dirty martini.
And chicken quesadilla. The quesadilla element wasn't all that special, but I liked the tomato garnish.
I liked the new Harry Potter movie well enough, though I hadn't envisioned Luna Lovegood's father looking like that, wished that Viktor Krum had, indeed, been at the wedding and generally wished that many of the book's details were in the movie (regardless of the fact that then the movie would be six hours long). Mr. Ass and L. were entirely unimpressed, but it turns out neither of them really care about Harry Potter so I can see how it wouldn't be all that compelling. The Harry Potter series is my media equivalent of comfort food and as such I can consume the books or movies over and over and over again, regardless of poor acting, needless exposition or my complete knowledge of what's going to happen next. And the nice thing about Potter is I can take in as much as I like without gaining a pound. What?

No comments: