Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dinner c/o J. and J.

Once I was back in Philly for real, she-J. and I made a date for me to come to their place. As always he-J. made a spread not to be messed with. Truffle cheese, salmon roe and some other kind of caviar, baked I-Forget-Fish with asparagus and sun dried tomatoes and wild rice lattkes with apple sauce or sour cream.
I liked putting caviar on top of sour cream on top of a lattke and then stuffing it in my face. It was really just my style.

It was the fourth night of Channukah, so there were presents. S. got two pairs of pajamas that he soon insisted on wearing...at the same time.
J. gave me a birthday-Channukah present that I'll need to take photographs of. It's very magic.
I look huge faced and drunk in this photograph. I like to think my face isn't quite so wide, but I certainly enjoyed the 2009 Beaujolais.
And limoncello. Bless he-J. and his limoncello. I did my nails just for this moment. That is not true.
Someone must have already done a study on what draws people to linger in kitchens. The work that needs to get done? Studies.
Niko just realized that he forgot to take the trash out.

It was another lovely evening at the S. household. Thank you for the great meal and company!

1 comment:

Huckleberry said...

The result of my totally scientific empirical study based on my own subjective experience: kitchens are warm and there's a lingering smell of tasty food. They are also less formal places.