Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brunch c/o Buttermilk Channel

Once L. and Fat T. awoke we had coffee and futzed a bit before L. and I braved the insistent rain to meet up with C. for brunch at Buttermilk Channel. We went early so we wouldn't wait for a place to sit, and that certainly worked to our advantage, but the downside was that alcohol wasn't served til noon. This meant that the Bloody Mary I ordered was sans alcohol, but I didn't really mind. I never do with Bloody Marys, it's the horseradish kick that I'm after. The pickle as garnish was a nice change, and delightfully spicy.
L. ordered the scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. Tasty.
C. and I both ordered the eggs benedict, though they came under a slightly different name. Regardless of their name, the eggs were wonderfully poached, the sauce was nice in both taste and texture, and the ham was good to boot.
It was good to see C. After our meal we stood around under an awning for a bit before going in our separate directions. I had considered meeting up with a few other folks during my visit, but the rain really put a damper on that. Figuratively. And literally.

No comments: