Sunday, December 05, 2010

Dinner c/o H. and C.

That day was also my last in Tennessee. We went down to H. and C.'s for dinner, which also included E.H. Rotisserie chicken and brussels sprouts, and nice wine.

It was good. On my way down the mountain I turned my cell phone on and got a text from L. concerning her sudden lack of housing. Something about this happening to her so soon after something bad happened to me made me convinced that this is the storm before the calm. If that makes any sense. Only so many things can go terribly wrong before you get some sort of prize for living through it...right? RIGHT? Ha. Just joking. I know that's not how life usually works, but you can't help but hope a little.
The weather has turned cold for real up this way. Winter was inevitable, but that doesn't mean I like it. Yesterday I thought about going out to buy one thing or another thing. Or to just go on a walk. Instead I did the opposite and barely left my bed while watching Disney's the Princess and the Frog and many, many episodes of Lie to Me. So now here I am this very morning. Trying to pump myself up and out of the house. I am trying to motivate myself with promises of an eclair or fruit tart along with a cappucino or something at the end of the first leg of my walk. But since I'm drinking a great cup of tea at the moment and have yet to put on real pants, I fear that my ability to motivate myself into action may be compromised by the comfort of my bed and the warmth of my computer's glow.

4 comments:

nc catherine said...

Oh wow. I am not sure about the storm before the calm, but I am liking the idea. Sorry about your friend, housing issues suck six ways from Tuesday.

I like the look of those Brussels. Steamed before sauteed or did H or C risk toughness and saute only? I am a sprouts weasel. I usually steam before sauteing, when I manage to remember that really, I like them....

We had freaking 25 degree weather, which ain't nuthin' yonder your way but dear lord cold here, then SNOW on Saturday. Snow I say, snow. Wow, might be a crazy winter even down here.

Huckleberry said...

Definitely storm before the calm.
I'm absolutely convinced.

cc said...

I believe they sauteed without steaming, which led to a bit of impatience on H.'s part...but they turned out marvelous.

Jenerator said...

hmmm... brussel sprouts... looks yummy