Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tenderloin and Lattkes c/o the W. Party

Friday also turned out to be my birthday. This is not surprising, my birthday, like most, comes once a year, almost always on the same day. Duh. Anyways, that's not really the point. Regardless of my birthday B. and D.'s daughter and husband have a big party each year on the day after Thanksgiving and I was invited to come along. This was a party for grown ups but not parents. So my father, B. and D. were not invited, but R. and his cousin C. were...so then I, along with C.'s friend and boyfriend, joined in. The W. house was big and the party was well attended and provisioned in pretty much every possible way. The photographs aren't overly good because I felt a little self-conscious taking pictures in the midst of so many strangers.
These lattkes were off the hook.
And this beef tenderloin? Also off the hook.
I enjoyed going out to the outdoor fireplace but didn't really take over its feeding, there were a number of motivated and opinionated men already doing so...man that fire was really, really hot. I was also, I swear, checked out as a possible egg donor/surrogate. It was odd. While I would like to get more attention from men, I would prefer they weren't a gay couple.
K. and G. were serious in their food offerings. At a certain hour, after ping pong was played and brownies were consumed, bacon, egg and cheese croissants appeared. Madness, in the best possible way.
R. and K. showing each other some sibling love.
While going to a party at which I would only peripherally know about four people would have terrified me in high school or college, I am no longer quite as paralyzed by such a situation now that I am 29. There. I said it. I am 29. Not 27/26. Not 28. Not 30. God. R. was good about keeping me in the loop, which I was grateful for. It was a good time. Thanks to the W.'s for the excellent party complete with a great garage experience;)

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Ok some how I skated over this post and when I got to the egg donor surrogate comment I nearly snorted my wine out my nose.

Sometimes lassie your posts should come with comedy alerts!

Quite the spread the Ws put on, latkes indeed!!!