Monday, December 27, 2010

Morning Coffee and Croissant c/o Provence en Boite

I returned to Brooklyn separately from L. and Fat T. and met up with R. for a few beers. He and I ended up meeting at a bar called Boat, which I went to a few times back when I was 22 or 23 and is now within a reasonable walking distance of L.'s new place. We sat at the bar and had some good conversation for a while. I was also considering making an appearance at L.M.'s holiday party, so I texted her around midnight to see if the party was still partying. She responded yes and enthusiastically suggested I stop by. So R. and I bid each other adieu and went on to L.M.'s, and that was nice. L.M. pointed out it had been three years since the last time we had seen each other. I think I lost a year somewhere, as I thought it had only been two. At one point soon after arriving a guy came up to me and asked me if I went to Bard College, which I had, so I said as much. I kept looking at his face because I didn't really recognize him but he seemed familiar. At first I thought I had it figured out that he was a photography department guy, but I had mistaken him for another tall gay man that went to Bard College. There is more to that story, but I'll leave it there. After a little time at the party I decided it would be best for me to return to L. and Fat T.'s, which I did. I was asleep by 3. And I was awake by 8:30, because that is how I roll when I stay with L. Since I knew it would be a bit before either of my hosts awoke, I went out to find myself a coffee and croissant. I found Provence en Boite and happily ordered both food items and sat down for a bit.

The croissant was to my liking and the cappucino was also satisfactory. The weather, however, was less ideal, as it was rainy and stupid and I didn't have an umbrella. You win some, you lose some.

No comments: