Thursday, May 13, 2010

Risotto and Storm Weather

The deal in Nashville was that my mother had a room at Hope Lodge and we also had a hotel room nearby. So, either my father or I would stay with my mother and the other would stay at the hotel. At one point, however, we gave up the hotel room. I took this gap in housing as an opportunity to go to Sewanee. I also needed to get a few things done at the house in terms of airing it out and cleaning it up a little, since my parents hadn't really been there since March. The first full day of Sewanee was a Saturday, which was when I drove to Monteagle to get a few groceries and saw the apocalypse dog. Upon my return I made risotto with portabella mushrooms and garlic, and a side of steamed broccolini. Then I drizzled the dish with truffle oil and grated a little parmesan cheese on top of that. I will not lie to you, it was good. It was real good.
Later on I drove to Green's View. This was the weekend of the flood in Nashville. Sewanee and its environs experienced many a tornado warning and cloudy weather, but not so much in terms of epic amounts of rain or flooding.
But it was definitely cloudy and blustery, as these photographs testify. 'I do solemnly swear that -though lightly photoshopped in order to highlight the cloudiness of the day - I was a witness to the cloudy weather of which cc speaks' is what the photograph would say in court.

No comments: