Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Nachos and Salad c/o Kite and Key

After nearly two weeks in Nashville I returned to Philadelphia to gather some stuff before returning to Tennessee. L. drove down from NYC and picked me up, which was way beyond the call of duty of any friend, but I must admit that hers was a face I was very glad to see. While I often give Kite and Key a hard time, I couldn't think of anywhere better to go for a late dinner and beer. We split the nachos, and I ordered their salad with calamari. The nachos were good though, as is often the case, I thought there could have been more layering of the cheese and chorizo and other goodness so it wasn't predominantly on the top.
This was a heaping helping of fried calamari and greens. The fried-ness of the calamari pretty much cancelled out my attempt at being healthy with the greens...but you can't win them all. Or any of them if you don't really try.
L. and I returned to my apartment where we tried playing S.'s Playstation. We were extremely pleased to find that his version of Tekken had all the characters we spent hours and hours and hours playing during our freshmen year of college. Problem was that one controller didn't work, which meant we couldn't really fight one another. So we played as a team, which was actually kind of fun. One of us would try to beat a level, and then, success or not, pass it on to the other. When we beat certain characters we squealed and high fived one another. When certain characters came up, we were suddenly reminded of old friends and their favorite characters. T. as Bryan Fury was particularly nostalgia-inducing. And while our moves were rusty, L. and I both excelled at our own respective favorites: Eddy and Xiaoyu (or maybe her favorite wasn't Eddy but that crazy character with a sword). A hearty and heartfelt thank you to L. for making the drive and keeping me company.

No comments: